Snails soup is one of the popular menu of the Salang ethnic
Snail soup is a renowned dish in several regions, with each locality featuring its distinctive cooking process. For instance, the Salag ethnic in Vangmaner Village, Boualapha District, Khammouan Province, has perfected their exclusive method of preparing this delicacy
- River snail 0,5 kg
- Short tailed crickets (Ji Naiy) 0,3 kg
- Bamboo 3 units
- Sponge gourd 1 unit
- Culantro 3-4 boles
- Chili 2 units
- Water 1 liter
- Salt 1 Teaspoon
How to do
- Cut the bamboo into small pieces.
- Peel the sponge gourd and cut it into desired small pieces.
- Place the boiled bamboo shoots and sponge gourd into a pot.
- Bring the pot to a boil for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Finely crush the chili and salt.
- Add the crushed chili and salt to the pot.
- Clean the Ji Naiy thoroughly and add it to the pot.
- Trim the bottom of river snails and ensure they are clean.
- Thoroughly clean the river snails and add them to the pot, mixing everything together.
- Allow the soup to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the culantro into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Once cooked, the dish is ready to be served.